Programs and Services
Our client base comprises about 10% of the population of the mid-coast and includes: the working poor, the homeless, seniors living below the poverty level, the disabled, and families and/or individuals in crisis.
We serve people of all ages, from infants to senior citizens. Approximately 67% fall between the ages of 18 and 54, and 60% of our clients are women - most with families to feed and protect.
Employed clients typically work in farming, nurseries, hotels and restaurants, construction, domestic services and commercial fishing.
Our on-going services include:
- Crisis intervention and case management
- Emergency and supplemental food
- Emergency Food Pantry
- Online Food Stamp Applications (CALFRESH)
- Rental and Utility Assistance
- Free Low Income Tax Preparation (Feb-Apr)
- Weekly Senior Brown Bag Supplemental Food Distribution
- Monthly Family Harvest Supplemental Food Distribution
- Thanksgiving Turkey and Warm Clothing Distribution
- Christmas Turkey and Warm Clothing Distribution
- Christmas Bureau Adopt-A-Family clothing program
- Special Delivery monthly household goods program
- Forms Assistance (Unemployment, GA, etc.)
- Immigration Assistance
- Weekly Citizenship Classes
- Translation and paperwork assistance
- Referrals – if we can't help you, we will do our best to find someone that can.